Step By Step Instructions on How to Clean Your Bathroom Ceiling Vent
The ceiling vent in your bathroom is there to serve a very important purpose – provide air flow. Most bathrooms either do not have windows, or have solid glass block windows that do not open. In short, there is no natural air flow between the bathroom and the outside of the home. The only way to help the damp air dissipate is with the air vent. However, as most Chicago maid services know, the bathroom air vent is one of the messiest things in your home. Hair, dust, and other small pieces of debris can become clogged in it. When you turn the fan on, those things can be forced into the room where they are breathed in by its current occupant. Because of this, the bathroom ceiling vent must be cleaned on a regular basis.
How To Do It!
1) Gather the necessary supplies. You will need some newspaper or a drop cloth to spread out on the floor, a hat to protect your head from any falling dust or dirt, a stepladder to help you reach the vent, and a screwdriver to help you remove the fan or vent protective cover. You will also need an extension duster that is long enough to reach the vent, a bucket with some warm, soapy water, a cleaning sponge and several clean rags or old towels.
2) Start by placing the hat on your head, spreading out the drop cloth or newspaper over the floor, and placing the stepladder underneath the vent. Remove the protective cover from the top of the vent, and place it on the counter. Make sure that you place any screws that you removed in a safe location, like your pocket. Losing them will make it very tough to put the cover back on.
3) Wash the vent cover in the soapy water and set it aside so that it can dry. Swipe the duster over the top of the fan blades to remove any loose debris. Soak a towel or rag in the soapy water and use it to wash the visible surfaces of the fan blades and any of the spaces around them.
4) Use a dry towel or rag to remove as much moisture as possible from the newly cleaned fan blades and surrounding area.
5) Re-attach the fan covering, taking the time to ensure that each screw is tight, and that the whole covering is securely fastened to the ceiling. You don’t want it to fall down on you.
6) Make your maid service in Chicago technician happy by cleaning up the now dusty newspapers or drop cloth that are on the floor.
Cleaning the bathroom vent or fan is not an easy job. You do need to be careful not to fall of off the stepladder, and must take the time to put the cover back on correctly. Of course, if you are willing to pay for the extra time that it takes to clean the vent, a Chicago maid service may do it for you. Also, check out our guide to Chicago house cleaning services for seniors here!
Copyright 2014 Fresh Tech Maid
We authorize the sharing of this article by establishing the link of this article on your website.